Tidbit Tuesday: A Little DREAMER Q&A
The cover announcement for DREAMER breaks on Monday, and I am so freaking excited!!
The final copyedits are done, and now we wait for the ARC. And I know you’re all just burning with curiosity, especially after the way I left off in TRAVELER.
I can’t tell you too much (without TRAVELER spoilers, anyway) but I can share some insights. So here are some of the most frequently asked questions flooding my Instagram, Twitter and Facebook message folder:
- Will the love triangle continue? Short answer: yes. TRAVELER presented a very unique sort of love triangle, one that Jessa didn’t have much control over. This time, Ben puts it out there and Jessa makes thoughtful and considered choices – which get completely upended by an unexpected arrival and then, of course, the real fun begins.
- What’s new? You’ll see some new realities (one of which will take your breath away – it was honestly my favorite scene to write), and the villains will enact part of their plan to devastating result (seriously – that scene had me bawling like a baby). You’ll also get to travel into the dreamscape and step into the dreams of a couple of characters – that’s all kinds of fun.
- Will Jessa finally get some friends? One of the recurring criticisms of TRAVELER (and I think they’re fair in saying so) is that Jessa has no friends other than Ben and Finn. That was actually by design – Jessa was closed up in her own little world of words and stories and in DREAMER, we see her actually getting out there. We’ll meet a recurring character who becomes a bestie, and most importantly, we see all the Jessas begin to interact with each other, bouncing suggestions and advice off each other and working together as a team when it counts.
- Does Jessa keep up with her dancing lessons? Yes! She even performs!
- (I’m quoting this verbatim:) Pirate Finn? Please? Pretty Please? Yes, Pirate Finn. Oh, yes.
Leave a Reply