What’s On Tap For 2022?
Now that the whirlwind of 2021 is behind us, it’s time to regroup and set the stage for next year. My writing plan is severely ambitious. That’s a nice way of saying I’m out of my freaking mind and I may well be updating this blog from a tiny, padded room this time next year. Here’s the rough outline:
- Publish one YA novel – this one a holiday romance! Look for an announcement in early fall.
- Finish drafting and query one new manuscript (an extension of my NaNoWriMo project, a witchy Cinderella retelling).
- Extensively revise and query two completed manuscripts – one fantasy, one sci-fi thriller
- Begin drafting a new YA novel (Fantasy)
- Continue the submission process with BLUE for various book awards
- Attend the PA School Librarians Association conference as a signing author for BLUE (April)
- Attend book festivals in PA and NJ (COVID restriction dependent)
Those are just the goals in YA. I also write romance under another pen name, and the plan there is two new novels, two novellas, and two short stories by year-end, as well as querying one project. All of this is done around my full-time day job and being a partially-disabled single parent of a special needs child. It’s madness, utter madness, but believe me when I say that creativity is what keeps me sane. I think. Who am I to judge my own sanity, really?
Anyway, that’s the plan as of today. What it actually morphs into is TBD.
Happy New Year, everyone. Let’s hope we all get close to our goals, or have fun reinventing them as we go along!